Do any of you guys have family or friends that keep telling you that you are just not yourself anymore or anything to that effect? My mother keeps saying it in almost every conversation that we have that "your just not you" and it is really bugging me because I am still me I am just sick right now. You wouldn't tell a person with some "physical" illness that they weren't themselves anymore, so why tell me? I am still me just sick and struggling but I am still me and I am working so hard to hold onto that and not lose it to Ana forever, I feel almost like she's taking something away from me by continuing to say that to me. U, I guess I'm just frustrated right now and needing to vent. No one else in my life is saying that in fact they are saying opposite things and encouraging things like that I just need to keep fighting and I'm strong etc. I'd like to address her about it but i dot know what to say without causing us to go round for round again. Thanks for any input.
Hi Artlady, let me share to you the Psychology rule of 90-10. Always remember that, 10% of your life are the things that are actually happening to you. As always, you do not the control over this 10%. Like the problem you have right now with your mom and your sickness. The remaining 90% is how you react to the situation. My advise to you is to remain positive. You could speak to your mom directly and be honest about how you feel. Communication is very essential. I pray that your situation gets better.