Each semester and every summer, ANAD interviews undergraduate and post graduate college students who are looking for a non-clinical experience in order to fulfill a prerequisite for earning a degree. The unpaid internships occur at the Naperville, Illinois office. Some students choose to work here every day, others put in a minimum of 15 hours weekly. (Note: We have filled our positions for Summer 2014 but are accepting applications on a rolling basis for the upcoming year). Please email your cover letter and resume to: Melanie.Zumm@anad.org
Responsibilities while serving an internship at ANAD include:
- Talking to callers on the ANAD help line.
- Responding to those who e-mail ANAD’s help e-mail.
- Contributing to our facebook, twitter, and website.
- Communication with health professionals in the eating disorder field.
- Attendance of a support group meeting.
- Online and traditional publicity and media relations.
(Activities will vary depending on the skill level and interest of the student intern.)
Typically, ANAD interns are working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree in one of the following areas:
- Human Services
- Health Education
- Graphic Design
- Social Media