Position Reports to: Director of Operations and Communications
Each semester and every summer, ANAD interviews undergraduate college students who are looking for a non-clinical experience in order to fulfill a prerequisite for earning a degree. The unpaid internships occur at the Naperville, Ill., office. Students will work 15-20 hours per week. Internship applicants must be at least 20 years old or have completed their sophomore year of college and must live in the Chicago area. If you have struggled with an eating disorder, we ask that you have at least one year of recovery before applying. Please email your cover letter and resume with the desired date of the internship to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activities will vary depending on the skill level and interest of the student intern, but primary responsibilities may include the following:
- Talking to callers on the ANAD help line.
- Responding to those who e-mail ANAD’s help e-mail.
- Contributing to our social networks and website.
- Communicating with health professionals in the eating disorder field.
- Attending Junior Board meetings and other upcoming events.
- Maintaining and updating databases of resources.
- Online and traditional publicity and media relations.
Typically, ANAD interns are working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree in one of the following areas:
- Human Services
- Health Education
- Graphic Design
- Social Media